BBBay is seeking a part-time Business Manager (targeted at 40% time) to work with the organization’s Executive Artistic Director (EAD), staff, board members, and volunteers to manage many aspects of BBBay’s financial and administrative functions. Specific responsibilities may include all or a subset of the following functions, depending on the candidate:
• Accounting – managing the organization’s accounting system, banking, sales receipts, donations, accounts payable, payroll, and other accounting functions
• Financial Management – overseeing the organization’s budget, financial forecast, and reporting of key performance metrics
• Development – managing and/or supporting the fundraising initiatives of the organization, including providing data for grant proposals and reports on fundraising initiatives
• Board Reporting and Communications – developing a comprehensive Board reporting package (including financial information, key metrics, and other information as requested) and delivering reports in a regular and timely manner to the Board of Directors
• Other Administrative Support – working with the EAD to manage other aspects of the organization’s business, which could potentially include facilities, financial controls and approval procedures, HR policies and procedures, and volunteer management
The nature of the organization will require that the responsibilities of the person in this role be fairly fluid over time depending on the season and specific requirements of the organization.
An ideal candidate shall have the following experience and profile:
• BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics (Masters Degree a plus)
• 7+ Years of Accounting and Finance Experience (specific knowledge of Quickbooks is a plus)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Experience in a small, dynamic organization and comfort with a constantly changing environment and requirements
• Excitement for working in a musical theater organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding attention to detail
Location: Redwood City, California
Click on the opportunities below for additional information. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a resume without delay. We will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls.
Email submissions only. Send only PDF files, no web links, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line. Only complete submissions will be considered.